Setup - Email - Mail Relay
Our Server supports Relaying Mail for other Internet services provided you follow these instructions.
To relay email@example.com you will have to perform the following procedure:
- Setup your @tfon.com POP3 Account and verify that it is working. Mail servers are as follows:
- POP3: mail.tfon.com
- SMTP: mail.tfon.com
- Setup your @yourdomain.com email address using the same mail program as the Ten Forward mail account.
- You will have to change the SMTP MAIL SERVER of your @yourdomain.com account to mail.tfon.com
- Select My Server Requires Authentication for all accounts including your Ten Forward Account.
- Log on using your Ten Forarward username and password. Do Not select Log on using Secure Password Authentication
- When checking mail, both accounts should be logging in to their appropriate POP3 Servers.
- The key to allowing the port to relay mail is you will have to check the @tfon.com mail account first. Once you have checked mail with your Ten Forward account the port will be available for relay for a short period of time, per session. Most email programs check all mail accounts when opening, so you should not have to worry about this step.